I am sure that many of you are already using Twitter in some capacity as the whole world seems to be signed up to it these days.
I want to talk to you today about what Twitter can do for bloggers.
I have been using Twitter for around a 6 years now and have seen many benefits from using it, such as building traffic and an increase in my blogs visibility. Below I outline what I believe are the major benefits of using Twitter:
- Traffic – Once you build up a strong following on Twitter, you can use it to drive traffic to your blog. I have over 3,000 followers and have received several hundred visitors via Twitter this month.
- Increased Visibility – There are millions of people using Twitter and many of them may be interested in what you have to say. Using Twitter will open you up to a new audience and allow you to attract new followers/subscribers.
- Small Updates – Sometimes I have a few ideas for blog posts but they are not big enough to turn into a full blog post, instead I post them up on Twitter and ask people for their feedback.
- Gain Feedback – Twitter by its very nature is a great place to get feedback from your followers, maybe you have an idea, or are looking for ideas for a blog post, you can just post it up and ask people for feedback.
- Call to Action – You can use your Twitter account to tell people what to do. If you want people to read your latest posts, tweet out a link with a call to action asking people to read it… You will be surprised just how effective this tactic is.
- Revenue – Twitter can also be used to make money. If you get to a strong number of followers then you will likely be able to monetise your following through affiliate marketing… But be careful not to start spamming people as they will soon unfollow you.
These are just a few of the benefits that I believe bloggers can gain from using Twitter.
Feel free to share yours below, or why not tweet me your thoughts. Please feel free to re-tweet this post if you found it on Twitter!